Crossword clues for aro
n. 1 An androsexual male or SGA male 2 (context slang English) aromantic
Aro may refer to:
- The abbreviation of aromantic, a romantic orientation.
- Aro people, an Igbo subgroup in West Africa
- Aro Confederacy, a precolonial Igbo trading oligarchy in West Africa
- Årø (Denmark), a small island in the Lillebælt in Denmark
- Årø, Norway, a neighborhood of Molde
- Aro, Papua New Guinea, a village in Morobe Province
- Aro gTér, a lineage within Tibetan Buddhism
- Aro, a deity in Igbo mythology
- Aro (Twilight), a character in the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer
- Aro (instrument), a folk instrument used in traditional Yoruba music
- Aro Manufacturing Co. v. Convertible Top Replacement Co., a US patent law decision concerning repair, replacement, and the aftermarket
- Aro (murderer) (died 1957), the last person executed in Papua New Guinea
- Aro River, a tributary of the Orinoco River in Venezuela.
- Aro (surname)
ARO may refer to:
- ARO (Auto Romania), a car company
- Asset retirement obligation, a financial liability which provides for future disposal of assets
- Arctic Research Office, a division of the US NOAA
- Arizona Radio Observatory, a part of Steward Observatory at the University of Arizona
- Army Research Office, a department of the United States Army Research Laboratory
- Agricultural Research Organization, of the Israeli Ministry of Agriculture
- ARO, the former stock ticker symbol for Aéropostale (clothing)
- ARO, after receipt of order
- Algonquin Radio Observatory, a radio telescope research facility in Ontario, Canada
- Airport Reservation (or Reporting) Office
Aro (known only by that name) was the last person executed in Papua New Guinea.
In 1957, while Papua New Guinea was an Australian territory, Aro, then a young man, walked into a hospital "carrying a baby and a blood-stained axe" and stated that he had killed his two wives.
He was convicted of willful murder, sentenced to death, and executed by hanging in November 1957.
There were no further executions. The death penalty was abolished in 1970, five years before Papua New Guinea's independence from Australia. It was reintroduced in 1991, but never applied.
Aro is a Finnish surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Johan Emil Aro, Finnish entomologist
- Markku Aro, Finnish singer
- Samuli Aro, Finnish enduro rider
- Toivo Aro, Finnish diver
Usage examples of "aro".
The men’s long cloaks flapped around their ankles as they marched.
Most of the eyes around the table followed Snape, and it was to him that Voldemort spoke first.
Kneeling down beside the trunk again, he groped around in the bottom and, after retrieving an old badge that flickered feebly between SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY and POTTER STINKS, a cracked and worn-out Sneakoscope, and a gold locket inside which a note signed R.
Harry laid it aside and felt cautiously around the trunk for the rest, but nothing more remained of his godfather’s last gift except powdered glass, which clung to the deepest layer of debris like glittering grit.
All around him other people were dismounting from brooms and, in two cases, skeletal, black winged horses.
There was a general cry of greeting as Hermione flung her arms around him, Ron clapped him on the back, and Hagrid said, “All righ’, Harry?
If you, or anyone around you, casts a spell to get you out of here, Thicknesse is going to know about it, and so will the Death Eaters.
Streetlights above him, yells around him, he was clinging to the sidecar for dear life.
He gazed around at the apparently empty darkness and felt its menace.
He felt it drag his hand around like some great magnet, saw a spurt of golden fire through his half-closed eyelids, heard a crack and a scream of fury.
Weasley looked around and said, “I can’t make it grow back, not when it’s been removed by Dark Magic.
None of them looked around when Harry and Ginny joined their silent vigil.
One arm around Hermione, he fished in his jeans pocket and withdrew a revolting-looking handkerchief that he had used to clean out the oven earlier.
A second later, Ron had snatched his arm back from around her shoulders.
Ron got back off the bed, put his arm around her once more, and frowned at Harry as though reproaching him for lack of tact.