APB (1987 video game)
APB ("All Points Bulletin") is a 1987 arcade game by Atari Games. In the game, the player assumes the role of "Officer Bob," a rookie police officer. As Bob, players drive around the city, ticketing motorists for minor infractions and pulling over more serious offenders. Eventually, players must apprehend criminals for which an all points bulletin has been called.
The game was noted at the time of release for its presentation. The arcade cabinet was created to look like a police car, with a gas pedal, steering wheel and a siren button, complete with flashing lights atop the unit. The game's cartoonish visuals and sense of humor gained it positive reviews. However, the game was slightly criticized for its difficulty; the game's developers later admitted that a long development cycle had resulted in the gameplay growing more complicated than originally planned.
Versions of the game were released for various computer systems, as well as the handheld Atari Lynx. An emulated version of the game was made available as part of Midway Arcade Treasures 2, Midway Arcade Treasures Deluxe Edition, and Midway Arcade Origins.
APB may refer to:
- 6-APB, an entactogenic compound similar in structure to MDA
- Aft pressure bulkhead, a component of a large commercial aircraft
- All-points bulletin, a broadcast (about a wanted suspect or missing person) issued from one US law enforcement agency to another
- APB (1987 video game)
- APB: Advanced Peripheral Bus, a type of AMBA bus protocol
- APB: All Points Bulletin, a 2010 MMO for Microsoft Windows
- APB (band), a Scottish band
- Accounting Principles Board, the former authoritative body of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Atrocities Prevention Board, an interagency body in the U.S. government that evaluates long-term risks of genocide
- Atrial Premature Beat
- Acquisition Program Baseline, in the United States military
- Apoptygma Berzerk, a Norwegian electronic music group
- Asia Pacific Breweries
- Auditing Practices Board, a committee of the Financial Reporting Council
- Appley Bridge railway station's station code
- Advanced Peripheral Bus, a microprocessor bus of the Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture
- "A.P.B.", a song on Womack & Womack's album Love Wars
- the Albany Pine Bush, an inland pine barrens
- The Abductor pollicis brevis muscle, a muscle in the hand
- A version of the Stechkin automatic pistol with integrated silencer
- APB, the AndersonPonty Band
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
, 1960, police jargon initialism (acronym) for all-points bulletin, itself attested by 1953 (perhaps more in the jargon of detective novels than in actual police use).