Anar ( anâr) is the Persian word for pomegranate. This term has been borrowed by numerous other languages, including Turkish, Azeri, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Kurdish, Pashto, and others.
- Anar Rzayev (born 1938), Azerbaijani writer
- İhsan Oktay AAnar (born 1960), Turkish writer and illustrator
- Anar, a name for the Sun, in J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth writings
- Anar, first solo album by Marketa Irglova (Oct 2011)
- Anar County, Kerman Province, Iran
- Anar, Iran, the capital of Anar County
- Anar, Ardabil, a village in Ardabil Province, Iran
- Anar, Markazi, a village in Markazi Province, Iran
- ANAR Research, a public opinion polling company in Turkey
Anar is the debut solo album by Czech songwriter, musician, actress, and singer Markéta Irglová. It was released in United States on October 11, 2011 on the ANTI- record label. The title of the album is the Persian word for " pomegranate". The album also contains a traditional Persian song, "Dokhtar Ghoochani".