Akagi means (赤城) "red castle," (赤木) "red tree," (赤き) "crimson" or (赤来) "red future" in the Japanese language, and may refer to:
- Akagi, Gunma, a village in Gunma Prefecture
- Akagi, Shimane (赤来町), a former town in Shimane Prefecture
- Akagi (manga), a manga by Nobuyuki Fukumoto
- Akagi (surname), a Japanese surname
- Akagi (train), a train service in Japan
- "Akagi", a song performed by Maximum the Hormone
- One of two ships of the Imperial Japanese Navy:
- Japanese gunboat Akagi, which served in the Sino-Japanese War
- Japanese aircraft carrier Akagi, which served in World War II
- Mount Akagi, a mountain in the Kantō region of Japan
is a Japanese manga written and illustrated by Nobuyuki Fukumoto. First published in 1992 in the weekly magazine Kindai Mahjong, it is a spin-off of the author's previous work, Ten. It revolves around Shigeru Akagi, a boy who defeats yakuza members well versed in mahjong at 13. He returns to the game six years later, carrying a mythical status and still impresses his opponents.
In Japan, Akagi has sold over 10 million copies. It was adapted as two V-Cinema live action films in 1995 and 1997. A 26-episode anime television series was produced by Madhouse and broadcast on Japanese television network Nippon Television from October 2005 to March 2006. A live-action television drama aired on BS SKY PerfecTV! between July and September 2015. The series has also spawned several companion books, spin-off manga, video games, and other merchandise.
The is a limited express train service in Japan operated by the East Japan Railway Company (JR East). It runs between Tokyo ( or stations) and in Gunma Prefecture. Some trains run to or from or .
Akagi (written: 赤城 lit. "red castle" or 赤木 lit. "red tree") is a Japanese surname. Notable people with the surname include:
, Japanese sprint canoeist
, Japanese actress
- Kanji Akagi (born 1933), Japanese sprinter
, Japanese-American jazz pianist
, Japanese politician
- Dr. Ritsuko Akagi, character from the anime TV series Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Takenori Akagi and Haruko Akagi, two sibling characters from the basketball manga and anime Slam Dunk
- Daidoji Akagi, character and card personality in the L5R games and setting