Crossword clues for acis
The 3D ACIS Modeler (ACIS) is a geometric modeling kernel developed by Spatial Corporation (formerly Spatial Technology), part of Dassault Systemes. ACIS is used by many software developers in industries such as computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), architecture, engineering and construction (AEC), coordinate-measuring machine (CMM), 3D animation, and shipbuilding. ACIS provides software developers and manufacturers the underlying 3D modeling functionality.
ACIS features an open, object-oriented C++ architecture that enables robust, 3D modelling capabilities. ACIS is used to construct applications with hybrid modeling features, since it integrates wireframe model, surface, and solid modeling functionality with both manifold and non-manifold topology, and a rich set of geometric operations.
ACIS may refer to:
- ACIS (Alan, Charles, Ian's System), a solid modelling geometric modeling kernel that several CAD packages use
- Advanced CCD Imaging Spectrometer, an instrument on NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory
- Algoma Central Railway, which has the reporting mark "ACIS"
- Acoustic Control Induction System, a Variable Length Intake Manifold|variable induction system developed by Toyota
- Applied Climate Information System, a software system developed by NOAA's Regional Climate Centers (RCC)
- Acis, a character in Greek mythology
- Acis (plant), a genus of flowering plants
- ACIS (Adenocarcinoma in situ) on pap smear = grade 3 cervical intraepithelial neoplasia
- ACIS is a professional designation for associates of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators